Thursday 23 April 2015

Unwrapping and Texturing

Week 30 

Unwrapping and Texturing

This is the last stage to fully completing this project. I must say that texturing isn't my strength however I do enjoy unwrapping but I still need more experience to do it efficiently and correctly.

In my first attempt I just used base colours in the albedo map with out any material definition and this was one of the major improvements I had to make. This time I tried to use material textures of different fabrics to have some definition I have also tried to alpha so stuff however some of then didn't work as I have planned and one of them are the fluffy pom poms. I think they look to flat and I cannot see the fur definition which was very disappointing, however I have tried to improve this by working with the normal map and re-create the fur at bit more. 


1024x1024
512x512
Overall I think the textures don't look too bad however I am not fully satisfied with how it came out I think they need more work to them then just giving some fabric, I think they need re-designing which means going back to the concepts and re drawing some and adding more details in terms of cloths  



No comments:

Post a Comment