Wednesday 15 April 2015

Topology

Week 28 

Topology


This week was a really busy week for me, a load of work and lots of improvements to make. I took a slight break from off the map project and I’m back to making improvements in my previous project the dichotomy character. After a review from my tutors about my whole year worth of work I was advised to improve certain parts and re-submit my work. 
Before and After
The first problem was the topology on the face, it wasn't correct and it didn't have a nice flow through out the model. I have spent a tremendous time on correcting the topology using the previous model. However it was just impossible to change it as I would have to completely change the whole face and this would have taken more time than re-doing the entire face from the scratch. Now looking back the the previous model I can see how I have improved this time and the model looks more neat and efficient in terms of budget.
Example of a correct face topology,  I have based my model of this example   


The second problem was that some of the parts of the body such as ears were not attached to the face as they have been created separately. Also it was pointed out to me that they were too detailed for such as small part of the model and I was told to spread the tris equally depending on how visible is this certain element to a player. So when I was finished modelling the face I have extruded and modeled the ears from the head so that the character looks more natural. 



No comments:

Post a Comment